PVC Resin

Economical, versatile polyvinyl chloride (PVC, or vinyl) is used in a variety of applications. It is used in build everything from pipes to windows. Around the world, over 50% of PVC manufactured is used in construction. PVC is shock resistant so can be used to make hard PVC products. It can offer good chemical stability, resist corrosion and water. As a building material, PVC is cheap, durable, light weight, high strength, and low reactivity so it is easy to assemble. About 43 % of the weight of PVC comes from crude oil. The other 57 % comes from a material with unlimited availability i.e. salt (NaCl). In some of the factories, salt is a by-product for some processes and PVC manufacturing activity uses this salt as a raw material. Use of PVC resin depends upon different suspension grade.